What are SWMPs?
Simply put, Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs) are a legal requirement in England for all construction projects begun after 6 April 2008, which is worth over £300,000.Even if your project is not large enough to require an SWMP, you could benefit by having one.
A SWMP sets out how resources will be managed and waste controlled at all stages of a construction project.
A SWMP covers:
- Who will be responsible for resource management.What types of waste will be generated.
- How the waste will be managed, will it be reduced, re-used or recycled?
- Which contractors will be used to ensure the waste is correctly recycled or disposed of responsibly and legally.
- How the quantity of waste generated by the project will be measured.
- Saves time; you can answer queries about your waste from your environmental regulator or local council quickly and easily.
- It could help you avoid prosecution by ensuring your waste is disposed of legally.
- It could help you win new business by proving your environmental performance; an advantage in the tendering process.
- Helps you understand and reduce waste disposal costs; you understand how your waste is managed so you can identify where to save money and reduce costs.
- Enhances your reputation; your customers can see where you are helping the environment and making cost savings.
- Helps the environment; you will manage materials and waste on-sitemore responsibly so they are less of a risk to the local environment.
- Improves future projects; when your SWMP is complete you will have useful information for future projects about how you used resources and managed your waste.
Waste King Limited offer a wide range of services for commercial clients in and around London, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, St Albans and surrounding areas.
QUICK PRICE REQUEST
Fill out the below form for a fast, free and no obligation quotation for our Site Waste Management Plan service…
Your information will NEVER be sold to a third party and is stored only for the purposes of contacting you.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE US
Any Size Loads – Compared to Skip Hire, our Man & Van service can include any size loads or waste removals as necessary. Speak to a member of our team today to find out more.
Value for Money – Extra value for money our Man and Van service that has been featured in the national press for excellence provides substantial value for money.
Free Load Servicing – Need help and assistance with loading up the van? Our Man and Van Service provides this service free of charge!
No Permit Required – Offering additional flexibility as and when required, our Man and Van service given it’s nature doesn’t require a permit for collection.
All Waste Types Taken – What it says on the tin! We take and remove all waste types with our Man and Van service.