Our Grab Hire service is suitable for highway, large domestic projects, commercial or construction work where the disposal of bulk waste is required. It is a much quicker and cheaper alternative to the traditional skip hire. We have experience grab lorry drivers who work safely and efficiently to load and collect your waste. Holding between 9 and 18 tonnes of waste we offer grab lorries in 3 different sizes which are 4, 6 and 8 wheelers. The crane has the ability to reach over walls, fences or fairly small obstructions.
They can remove large quantities of non-hazardous or hazardous materials the likes of hardcore, limestone, sand and ballast, asbestos, crushed concrete, green waste, top soil and scalping. Give us a call today for a competitive quote for a quick and cost-effective solution for your waste removal. Our dedicated team will advise you if your waste is suitable for grab lorry removal.
QUICK PRICE REQUEST
Fill out the below form for a fast, free and no obligation quotation in regards to our Grab Hire services…
Your information will NEVER be sold to a third party and is stored only for the purposes of contacting you.
4 REASONS TO CHOOSE US
Fast & Dependable – We pride ourselves on 5* TrustPilot reviews and 100% customer satisfaction across many of our jobs and services we provide. When you come to Waste King, you come to safe hands in regards to Waste Management and Recycling.
Account Manager Service – All customers are provided with an extremely high standard of professional service, meaning you aren’t passed from pillar to post when it comes to common questions and queries about your job.
Environmentally Friendly Recycling – Waste King’s aim is to recycle as much as possible of the materials that we collect via our Grab Hire service. This is in order to help protect the environment and do our part to look after mother nature.
What to know about Grab Hire?
8 things you need to know about Grab Hire…
1. Generally, when they’re empty, grab lorries weigh some 16 tonnes.
2. The law allows them to carry as much as 16 tonnes of waste when on the road. So this equates to the vehicle having a maximum authorised mass of 32 tonnes.
3. This means that, depending on the type of material being carried, a grab lorry tends to be able to carry between 12 and 15 cubic metres of waste.
4. There are other vital statistics to consider, too, before you decide to hire a grab lorry.
5. Grab lorries tend to be some three metres wide, with an extra 25cm minimum clearance typically being recommended for either side. This means that site access must be at least 3.5mwide before you can use a grab lorry.
6. You must also take the available headroom into account. You need at least 3.8 metres.
7. In addition, you must add in an extra two metres of headroom (that is, 5.8 metres in total) to allow for the vehicle’s crane to operate.
8. Usually, a grab lorry can be loaded in between 15 and 30 minutes.
8 Reasons to Use Grab Hire Services
1. Grab lorry hire from Waste King is an efficient waste management solution, whether your needs relate to muckaway, general rubbish disposal or the delivery of aggregates.
2. Waste King’s grab lorry service is both fast and dependable – not least because all Waste King’s grab lorries are fully maintained.
3. Waste King ensures that your waste disposal requirements – even the highly specialised ones – are fully catered for.
4. As part of Waste King’s services, we can dispose of Clean Inert, Non Hazardous & Hazardous materials using Environment Agency required procedures.
5. Having been involved in waste management since 2004, Waste King is highly experienced in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
6. Waste King sets – and supplies customers with – an extremely high standard of personal service.
7. Waste King’s aim is to recycle as much of the materials collected as possible, in order to help to protect our environment.
8. Waste King not only provides a complete Grab Haulage Solutions Service for single and multiple loads, it can also provide Eight Wheel tippers for larger muck away and site clearance works.
What to know about Grab Hire?
8 things you need to know about Grab Hire…
What is a grab lorry?
A grab lorry has an extendable arm that is perfect for picking up waste like construction, topsoil, hardcore. They are of great value.
How far does the grab reach?
The crane can reach over hedges and small walls and typically around 5-8 meters. 6 wheeler grab can reach about 5 meters and 8 wheel grab can reach 8meters.
How big is the grab lorry?
Most grab hire needs 3.2 meters wide.
What materials does a grab hire remove?
The majority of the collections we service are muck away, which is mainly soil and stone. We can also remove hardcore and bricks at a reduced rate. For green waste and mixed waste, we will need to quote. You can book your grab service online.
How long does it take to load a grab lorry?
Depending on the material, the average time to load is 15-30 minutes.
How much does a grab hire cost?
It depends on the materials we collect and also the size of the grab lorry. Soil and bricks/hardcore are cheaper than green waste and mixed waste. Depending on location in the country can also depend on price as disposal fees vary across the country.
How much weight in materials do the Grab lorries carry?
Our 6 wheel grab lorry has a load capacity of around 12m3 or approximately 11-13 tonnes. Our 8 wheel grab lorry has a load capacity of 15m3 or approximately 14-16 tonnes.
Can a grab truck lift waste over obstructions like fences or walls?
Yes, as long as it is safe to do so and you are happy to accept liability for any damage caused, the grab lorry can remove waste over a small fence or wall.
Can a grab truck deliver aggregates or loose material?
Our grab hire has the ability to deliver aggregates within bags or loose.
Where do I leave my waste for the grab hire?
This is important to leave the waste as close as possible to where the grab lorry can park. Please place it in the open and make sure there is no overhead tree or cables. Always best to have the lorry as close as possible.
What areas do you cover?
We cover the UK, although some areas are very remote, and a surcharge will be applied.
Can I change my booking?
Yes, can you change your booking at any time.
Can you offer discounts?
We will always try to be the most competitive. If you had one material, we could offer a discount in some areas.
Do you contact me before arrival?
Yes, most of the time, you should receive a call, text, or email communicating we are enroute about 30 minutes before.
Do you send confirmation bookings?
Yes, our team will email you confirmation booking explaining the booking.
Do you allow time slots?
The majority of the collections are flexible during the day, and the team will contact you when they are on route. However, we can give morning or afternoon AM or PM. On some occasions, collections can take longer than planned, so it is challenging to provide hour slots.
Where do you dispose of the waste?
We operate our waste transfer station. The majority of operators have to tip their rubbish externally, which increases your cost. Luckily, we can keep our costs competitively for this reason. On some occasions, we do tip with other depots if the carbon footprint calculator advises this. The environmental agency and local authority manage all waste transfer stations. We also audit these sites to confirm up-to-date recycling rates.
Do you supply waste transfer notes?
We send you electronic waste transfer notes or duty of care explaining where the waste has been collected and where it will go with our full details. This is emailed to you once the collection is completed.
Do you work on Sundays?
Yes, we have collected rubbish on Sundays although this will occur an out of hours surcharge and we need time to organise a team.
Do you do evening waste collection?
Yes, but a surcharge will occur for out of hours, and we need time to organize a team working hour structure.
How much notice do you need?
We aim to complete our jobs within 24 hours or the same day. In some rural areas, it may take longer to complete the collection.